Strategic Advisory Service for a Public Energy Company
• Identify and implement sensitive, cross-departmental business changes necessitated
by recent developments.
• Build a new system for preparing and managing an $800 million annual budget.
• Modeled and improved procedures for tracking, analyzing, and forecasting major capital
expenditures. Changed the budgeting process to better respond to changes in market
conditions. Identified and analyzed productivity benchmarks to improve operational
performance and better forecast budgetary needs.
• Established market and industry intelligence capabilities to enable overseas business
expansion. Managed market research and competitive intelligence efforts. Identified and
assessed potential market and specific transaction risks. Generated new business
ideas and made strategic business recommendations, including mergers and
acquisitions, to the CEO.
Leadership of a Mid-Size Financial Services Company
• Build a successful business from ground-up and achieve high growth despite limited
• Create and maintain a positive business culture in an extremely challenging market.
• Grew annual revenues from zero to over $2 million in under 3 years. Created profitable
strategic partnerships. Negotiated large corporate contracts. Launched several value-
added, complementary product lines. Recruited and cultivated managers. Improved
employee performance through a consistent training and development strategy.
• Conceived and directed the design and implementation of an innovative, web-based
technology resulting in enhanced customer satisfaction and a 100% increase in
productivity. Significantly lowered customer acquisition costs by creating a successful
direct marketing strategy and establishing novel customer retention systems.